Exterior Changes

Any change to the exterior of your home or property requires the approval from the Architectural Committee of the Homeowners Association. Do not confuse this approval with the “Building Permits” that may or may not be required by the City of Indianapolis or Marion County. They are separate entities and we will address each one individually.

Note: Permit Approval from the City or County does not guarantee approval from the HOA, same as approval from the HOA does not guarantee approval from the City or County. They are separate entities and each requires approved documentation.

Do Not Jeopardize Your Investment by Building Without the Proper Homeowners Association Approval and/or Building Permits!

Marion County – Easement Waiver – Download

Fencing Requirements – Download

Roofing Requirements – Download

Approved Coach lights – Download

If you are considering an exterior improvement to your property such as exterior painting, home extension, deck, patio, fence, mailbox, storage shed, outbuilding, concrete driveway, sidewalks or landscaping, Swing-set or play-set, download and complete the Architectural Change Request form above.

The Following Documents are REQUIRED:

1. A copy of your plot plan showing the location of your requested improvement

2. A copy of the Permit from the City

3. For deck or fence requests, complete the attached deck/fence material list

4. Color of finished product

5. Copy of drawings of deck or other improvements

6. Photo or drawing of fence or other improvement

You probably received a copy of a Mortgage Survey Plot Plan in your closing papers from the Title Company upon the closing of your home. If you cannot locate your paperwork, you can obtain a copy from the Marion County Recorders Office.

Note: The Architectural Committee Has 30 Days to Approve or Deny Your Request

City/County Building Permits Are Your Responsibility

The City/County require building permits for certain projects both inside and outside your home. If you have any doubts about items requiring a permit, contact the City of Indianapolis.